Back to School

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Great Gift Idea...

 

Here is another great gift idea... Dry Erase Boards made from frames with glass inserts.  You can use ANY style frame as long as the insert is glass.  (If the insert is plastic, a wet erase pen works better...)  I wanted to continue to use up my older paper packs and stickease, and the odd unused 12x12 papers and long narrow strip scraps are perfect for this project.  These 2 frames are made from leftover scraps of the CTMH discontinued "Bella" paper and stickease.  

I used additional scrap papers from the Bella collection to cover the pen and eraser with Mod Podge. 

((TIP:  I found that using a sponge brush and lightly coating the surface of the pen, and then using a light coat to cover the back of the paper works great when attaching paper to anything!  I then go over the entire surface with another light coat. )) 

I made a few personalized dry erase boards for family and teacher gifts.  First one below was made using the Retired Passages paper and the Retired Vintage Travel Stickease from CTMH. 

  

The Georgia Bulldog themed board was for my son's teacher last year who is a HUGE Bulldog fan.  I made the red patterned paper using CTMH stamps, and purchased the Bulldog stickers at Hobby Lobby.  We didn't hold her Bulldog affiliation against her - GO GATORS!!!!


I purchased the frames at Michaels.  They were sold in a package of 2 and they come in various sizes.  The top 2 frames are 11x14 and the bottom 2 are the next size up.  The markers and erasers were found in a $1 bin somewhere.  Stay tuned for more great gift ideas... 

and thanks for looking!




No comments: